AFTERNOON TEA 4 TWO - FOOD & LIFESTYLE BLOG...
- Read through the recipe thoroughly before you start as this can be a classic reason that a dish goes wrong.
- Should your eggs or butter be room temperature?
- Put your oven on straight away to ensure the temperature is spot on when you are ready to put your cakes in.
- Measure and prepare all of the ingredients before you even get started on the recipe.
- Combine all your dry ingredients.
- Check the weather. It may sound a bit strange but meringue for instance, requires a dry climate so don’t even bother attempting it on a rainy day, as the sugar absorbs water from the air, turning the meringues soft and chewy.
- Keep a clean work station as it is crucial to staying organized and avoiding cross-contamination.
- Avoid opening the oven door until your baking is done as it can actually slow down the baking process or compromise the rise of…
View original post 37 more words