- Replace milk with buttermilk – this causes an acidic reaction, which equals to a lighter and fluffier sponge.
- When whisking eggs, start at a low speed, and gradually increase it. This causes proper aeration which results in a fluffy sponge.
- Sift dry ingredients like flour, baking powder or soda. This is aeration, which gives your sponge a light texture.
- While you fold the mixture, make figure 8 in motion.
- Cakes that have specifically cake flour are much lighter and fluffier than the cakes that have all-purpose flour. Cake flour has corn starch mixed in it, which makes the cake spongy.
- Sifting adds air and makes the mixture lighter.
Reblogged this on AFTERNOON TEA 4 TWO – FOOD & LIFESTYLE BLOG….