Eight great foodie tips from #Thevillagekitchen…
1. Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
2. Store nuts in the freezer. It will prolong their life as they can go rancid rather quickly.
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes or do it the easy way and buy mashed potato mix, it keeps in the cupboard for up to a year.
4. Store cookies in an airtight tin with a slice of bread as the moisture from the bread will keep your cookies soft and fresh.
5. To extend the life of your cake store with half an apple or a couple of sugar lumps.
6. Store flour in an airtight container as it keeps better that way.
7. Store bread in a cloth bag inside a wooden bread bin. The cloth bag helps absorb any moisture that might cause the bread to go mould.
8. Use an ice cube tray for freezing liquids and also fresh herbs. Add a little oil to the ice cube tray when you freeze herbs they freeze better.