Lemons are not just for eating they have lots of uses in the home. Here are ten ways to use lemons.
- Rub your chopping boards with half a lemon as this will neutralise any lingering smells.
- Add half a cup of lemon juice to your wash cycle to brighten your whites.
- Clean your tupperware by diluting lemon juice with a little bakig soda. Leave it to soak then rinse in warm water.
- Pop half a lemon into your laugndry to deoderise your dishwasher before you switch it on.
- If you have stubbron stains on clothes try dabbing lemon juice on the stain, leave overnight then wash as normal.
- Clean out the microwave by heating a cup of water and a chopped-up lemon on high until the microwave’s window is steamy. Let the bowl sit for 15 minutes before you open the door, and clean away any grime and grease with ease.
- Shine your chrome bathroom fixtures by running the cut side of a lemon over the fixtures then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Use the juice to descale a kettle. Boil it, pour out the water, give it a quick rinse and that’s it!
- Leave your lemons in the fridge to get rid of any smells.
- Create your own air freshener. Pop a pan of water on to boil and steam away with a cut lemon floating around.This won’t just add scent, it will also help you combat dry air by humidifying the home, too.
Reblogged this on AFTERNOON TEA 4 TWO – FOOD & LIFESTYLE BLOG….