We all want to do our bit for the climate crisis we are in at the moment and some simple changes can make all the difference. Here are 10 Eco-friendly swaps…
- Toothbrush – did you know that over 111 million plastic toothbrushes are thrown into landfill sites every years which releases chemicals into the air which is adding to the environmental damage. Change your toothbrush to a Bamboo toothbrush to avoid yours ending in the landfill.
- Shopping bags – Change your shopping bag to a cotton string shopping bag like these from Prousky as this will eliminate single waste which comes from bags, bottles cups and straws.
- Handkerchiefs, bandannas and rags – Instead of throwing these away use them to wipe up mess, wrap up food for snacks and other kithcen tasks. They are free and a great alternative to paper towels.
- Facial make-up wipes – they say many wipes contain chemicals which can irritate your skin but they are also having an awful impact on the environments by bloccking up sewers, lining beaches and even ending up in the sea. Try and switch to reusable make-up pads which could also mean more money in your pocket.
- Deodenrant – they say that the average life of a plastic deodorant is over 400 years!!!! and the compressed gases in the aerosol ones have a harmful effect on CO2 emissions. Change to the Natural Deodorant kind there are lots available. Check out Natural Deoco.
- Mowing your lawn – leave your lawn to grow for the bees. Leaving even part of your garden to grow wild can help pollinating insects, like bees, thrive.
- Vegetables – According to Friends of the Earth you can help the planet with a vegetable box. Ordering an organic veg box helps keep our pollinators safe from chemicals. It also invites less plastic waste into your home, and can help cut down on separate car journeys – reducing your carbon emissions.
- Disposable Napkins – Linen table napkins are a great eco swap to avoid using disposable paper napkins and paper towels. You can use as serviettes/table napkins or you can use them replace paper towel in the kitchen says Mindset. They’re washable, durable, and long-lasting, so you can use them for many years.
- Plastic Storage Containers – we all have them and probably have a number of them so start swapping for a glass version. Buy a couple a month and convert all your dried ingredients and household goods into them. Switching to glass containers and ditching your plastic food containers is one of the easiest and most impactful eco swaps you can make!
- Skin and Hair Products – change to 100% natural skin and hair products like these from Funky Soap Shop. Castile soap has been around for centuries but now is the best type of soap you can buy. Funky Soap Shop have it in liquid soap form in a variety of bottles.
Source: Natural Deo Co Funky Soap Shop Mindset Friends of the Earth Echo Shoots Boots Prousky Echo Swaps
Reblogged this on AFTERNOON TEA 4 TWO – FOOD & LIFESTYLE BLOG….