These 8 green tips on used tea leaves is from the site Green Living Tips which explains about how tea can affect the environment.
Uses for used tea leaves
- If you do use tea bags, instead of throwing them into your household trash bin – they can be composted or added to a worm farm.
- I’ve seen dried tea leaves suggested as an incense (although in my opinion, burning tea leaves smell pretty bad)
- Following on from the last tip – burning tea leaves is said to repel mosquitos (that I can believe)
- Dried tea leaves can absorb moisture in cupboards and odors in refrigerators
- Tea leaves sprinkled in kitty litter can help reduce smell
- Remove oil from pots and pans without impacting on their “seasoned” aspects
- Dried tea leaves can sop up oil spills in the kitchen.
- Soak old tea bags in melted wax to make firelighters