1. Make new oak look old by placing three tea-bags in hot water and leave some wire wool in the solution overnight, then rub the wire wool over the wood to age it.
2. To remove tea or coffee stains from china, rub with a damp cloth dipped in baking soda.
3. To refresh the colours of a carpet, sprinkle over a mixture of tea-leaves and salt, and then vacuum.
4. To reduce travel sickness or morning sickness drink camomile, fennel or ginger tea. This is also good for indigestion.
5. Drink elderflower and thyme tea for a bad cough as this helps to ease the cough and make breathing easier.